Wednesday 29 October 2014

Thinking Pink

'Thinking Pink' by Neil Burley

I guess it might not be a surprise that pink is not my first go-to colour, so this month's challenge theme took me a little out of my comfort zone. Having said that, the fabulous image from our sponsors for the month, Aurora Wings, was lovely to work with, and immediately invited the addition of colour.

I managed to print the image onto watercolour paper, but ended up heat setting the toner with my heat tool as my laser printer didn't quite manage it on it's own as two other copies will attest as the toner brushed off as I cut them out! I've coloured using Letraset AquaMarkers, starting with the pens in the shaded areas of each element and dragging the colour out using a waterbrush to the rest of the area. This results in a subtle blend from dark to light which can be emphasised with more pen work in the deepest shade areas. Sentiment is from Craftwork Cards, and mats use Bazzill cardstock.

Pen colours used: 
Roses/berries: Cherry Blossom / Flamingo Pink / Vintage Rose
Face/lips: Deco Peach
Leaves: Amazon Haze
Hair: Cream
Background: Frost Blue
Highlights: White Signo Broad pen

Until next time,

Neil


2 comments:

  1. Out of comfort zone or not, this is simply gorgeous Neil! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image and you have colored it beautifully!! Love the watecolor effect!!

    ReplyDelete